Le Hardi-class Destroyer
Ships in class: 12
The Le Hardi class was a group of twelve destroyers built for the French Navy during the late 1930s. Eight ships were commissioned in 1940, with four ships never finished. They were the lighter counterparts to the large destroyers of the Mogador class, and the successors of L'Adroit class.
The ships of the Le Hardi class were significantly heavier than the L'Adroit's, carrying two additional 130 mm guns in enclosed turrets and an extra torpedo tube. They were also 4 knots faster, being designed to operate with the new French fast battleships Dunkerque and Strasbourg.